If you have a business, you might see yourself spending a lot of time trying to find the latest social media marketing tips that can benefit your company. It can seem hard to find proper strategies alone that work, as well as finding the right time to execute these plans when you are a small business owner. Although social media can be time-consuming, using it the proper way can help you significantly grow your audience. Here at The Social Robin, we want to provide you with some tips that can make using social media to build your business easier in 2022.

Start with a plan:

It's easy to get started using social media for business considering the majority of us use social media in our day-to-day lives. It also doesn't cost anything to create a Facebook Page, start posting to Instagram, or create a presence on Twitter. But before you jump into it feet first, remember: every good business strategy starts with a good plan. Without a plan, you have no clear goal for what you are trying to achieve. That means there's no way to know if you are getting a return on that time investment. Do you know what your main goals are when trying to achieve a social media presence for your business? Once you have that in your mind or written down, you can start creating your plan for success.  

Set goals and get inspired:

Creating goals is exceedingly important when thinking strategy-wise; measurable, attainable, timely, and relevant. It helps to base your goals on metrics that will have a real impact on your business such as, acquiring customers or raising your conversion rate, rather than simply racking up likes on a post.  Not only will this allow you to achieve and reach certain goals, but it also might ignite a spark of inspiration as well. You can also see what your personal favorite brands are doing on social media. What makes you want to click or follow or buy from them? Are they posting every day for quantity or twice a week for quality? What types of topics are they covering? Use their strategies to help build inspiration for your own brand.  

Research your competition:

How are your competitors using social media? While you certainly don't want to copy them, learning from what others are doing is a great way to reduce your learning curve. Your competitors have spent years working on their strategy to get where they are now - so their process is a strong model to pursue your own success. Competitive analysis can help you learn what's working as well as what's not working for other businesses like yours. Our team loves to provide competitive reports and uncover that secret sauce for clients who want to dive deeper into marketing strategy in their niche.

Create a social media calendar:

A social media calendar is a great resource to create and a nice little "Cheatsheet". It allows you to post the proper content to the right social channels at the right time. There is a little useful rule called the 80-20 rule when first starting out that you can apply to your social media post strategy. Use 80% of your content to inform, educate, or entertain your audience. Use the other 20% to promote your brand or sell your products! Finding the right times to post is all about trial and error and can be a little tricky. That's why some people like to invest in a marketing team like us, The Social Robin to help them create the strategy, the content and find the optimal times to post for your business. This will help ultimately create more organic reach to your website, or to help prospective customers purchase your product or service.

Social media is a wonderful tool that businesses can use for a long-term marketing strategy - and once you've put in the time and effort to plan strategically, social media may be a core part of your sales or general brand awareness. The average person spends 2 and a half hours on different social platforms every single day and those 2 and a half hours offer a great opportunity for businesses to build brand awareness, develop customer relationships, and make sales directly within social platforms. If you aren't sure where to start or just don't have the time to build your own strategies or social calendar, check out our social media packages and our team would be thrilled to help your business create the strategy that fits your brand best!

Need a social media manager to help you? Check out our easy to use cost calculator here:

Social Media Management Cost Calculator | The Social Robin
Need to a professional to help you with your social media strategy? Create a custom package for your business for content creation & more!

Not quite what you were looking for? Our team can help - text us anytime and we'll be happy to take care of it for you.